Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Woohoo! I'm in!

I'm so excited! I found out today that my paper was just accepted for publication in the journal Developmental Biology! And I'm first author! For a grad student this is a wonderful milestone to pass during the graduate career. Every department has an unofficial/official requirement that you must not ONLY have a thesis written and defended, but your research published. Our department's going rate is two first-author papers. A few revisions need to be made, but I've now got one down and one to go :-)

To celebrate, I'm offering to you one of the most kick-ass videos on youtube. It's of James the Amazing Randi, a very famous magician, debunking the claimed 'psychic' James Hydrick on primetime television! It's a butt-kicking worth watching; you begin to wonder how deluded or evil he is - perhaps both? It turns out, just pure evil - as he confessed to an investigative reporter after this very failed performance. Oh, and you get to see Bob Barker in his younger days - hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments: